photo credit: Beth of http://www.eat-drink-smile.com/2016/06/recap-atlanta-food-wine-festival-2016.html
Here is the refreshing recipe we used at the 2106 Atlanta Wine + Food Festival. Enjoy it as a side dish or entire meal. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 ears fresh corn, shucked, kernels removed (about 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels)
- 1 cup farro, uncooked (will approximately double in size once cooked)
- 1 bunch kale, de-stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 ounces feta or cotija cheese, finely crumbled
- 1/2 cup finely sliced scallion greens
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and stemmed, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 medium cloves garlic, pressed or minced on a microplane grater (about 1 to 2 teaspoons)
- 1 tablespoon fresh juice from 1 lime
- Red Mash Sea Salt to taste
Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet or wok over high heat until shimmering. Add corn kernels, toss once or twice, and cook without moving until charred on one side, about 2 minutes. Toss corn, stir, and repeat until charred on second side, about 2 minutes longer. Continue tossing and charring until well charred all over, about 7 minutes total. Transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool.
- Boil 4 cups of water, add farro and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Test (as you would pasta), when finished, drains and rinse with cool water.
- Add mayonnaise, kale, farro, cheese, scallions, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, lime juice and toss to combine. Gently stir in tomatoes. Taste and add Red Mash Sea Salt to taste. Serve immediately.